Equipped, Empowered to Serve
Seeing our students educated, equipped and empowered for their God-given purpose in the world.
To equip students by teaching the Australian Curriculum from a Biblical worldview and building faith, character, and skills to engage their calling in life.
- Character – NCS is all about discipling the character of the students by teachers who themselves are models of Godly character.
- Community – NCS is a community of parents, students and staff, working together to raise the next generations of children.
- Creativity – NCS is a place where individuality is celebrated, and unique callings are discovered.
Our School Distinctives:
- Our school is a place where students are discipled, both through the teaching they receive and the model offered through the lives of the staff.
- Our school is anchored in the Word of God, allowing it to shape our worldview and curriculum.
- Our school teaches the Australian curriculum through the lens of a Christian worldview.
- Our school is empowered and guided by the Holy Spirit and exercises the Spirit’s gifts in freedom.
- Our school pursues healthy community and to do that well, we look to the example and teachings of Jesus.
- Our school fosters Godly relationships underpinned by love, grace, honour, acceptance and forgiveness.
- Our school seeks to make learning meaningful, engaging and fun.
- 2 Tim 3:16-17,
- John 3:6, Acts 1:8
- John 14:26, Rom 8:26, Gal 5:16
- 1 Cor 12:8-12, Eph 4:7-13, Rom 12:3-8
- Matt 18:15-17, Eph 4:31-32
- 1 Pet 4:8-10, Rom 15:7, Rom 12:3-19, Eph 4:31-32
- Our school recognises the unique and God-given identity of each student, and we seek to educate accordingly, that they would reach their full potential.
- Our students excel in wisdom, character and education.
- Our students’ grounding in God’s truth equips them with the discernment to make wise choices.
- Our school equips students for life in the 21st Century providing them with biblical values for the workplace and global environment.
- Gen 1:26-27, Jer 1:5, 1 Pet 2:9,
- John 10:10, John 15:16, Eph 2:10
- Prov 4:6-7, James 3:17
- Heb 5:14, James 3:17
- Luke 6:31, Rom 13:8-10
- Our board and staff live their whole lives in such a way that demonstrates a personal and deepening relationship with Jesus.
- The outworking of this will be seen in our board and staff continually growing in Christ-like character, exhibiting the fruits and gifts of the Holy Spirit, and reflecting God’s love and power as they serve students, their families and the community.
- We are committed to supporting one another in our personal relationships with Jesus, inviting and challenging each other to live humbly, transparently, and accountably in all aspects of our professional, public, and private lives.
- Professional development is important to us because we acknowledge that learning is lifelong. We want to fulfill our calling with excellence and model to our students what it means to continually grow in developing our potential. We value the power of learning in community, both from one another and with one another.
- Luke 10:27, Eph 4:14-16
- Gal 5:22-23
- 1 Cor. 12:8-12, Eph 4:7-13, Rom 12:3-8
- Heb 10:24, John 13:35
- 1 Thess 5:11
- Eph 4:29, Heb 10:24
- Col 3:23
- 1 Cor 12:12-30
- Our school acknowledges that parents bear the primary responsibility for the education and care of their children and we seek to partner with them in this endeavour.
- Good communication between school and parents is vital for students to thrive. We acknowledge that this is the responsibility of both sides of the partnership.
- We believe parents have an invaluable part to play in the community of the school, therefore we encourage their participation in Parents & Friends, events, excursions, activities, and the LAP (Learning Assistance Program).
- Deut 6:6-9, Prov 22:6, Eph 6:4